John spends much of his time trying to convince people that terms like “resolution-oriented lawyering” and “peaceful divorce” are not oxymorons. John is a HUGE fan of innovative lawyers who are striving to do things differently in the law, and he’s hoping to feed his own quest for creativity and practical problem-solving through Mulhall Family Matters. He aspires to seeing his Peaceful Divorce Model become the default family dispute resolution process in Florida.
As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, John enjoys occasionally being able to step out of the role as advisor/advocate to serve as a settlement facilitator for other family law attorneys and their clients. He also makes himself available to consult with lawyers in other legal disciplines where family dynamics are having an impact, such as in estate planning, probate, philanthropy and family business succession planning.
Among John’s hidden talents are his ability to compose limericks to mark any social or business occasion and his willingness to volunteer in virtually any capacity for a worthy cause (including as a ballroom dancer, emcee, bartender and auctioneer), both of which he attributes to “the Irish” in him. He has a passion for the YMCA that’s contagious. He’s also an avid live music fan, having developed an almost cult-like affinity for alternative rock. John and his wife, Lisa, met in law school and are currently trying to survive the experience of raising three children to adulthood.
John Thomas Mulhall III
- St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY. Bachelor of Arts, Government, cum laude, 1983. Sigma Chi Fraternity, Varsity Swim Team
- The Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, PA. Juris Doctor, 1986. Phi Alpha Delta, E. I. King Appellate Moot Court Award, 1985
- Admitted to Practice in Florida (1987) and Pennsylvania (1986, inactive)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- “AV” Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County Pro Bono Family Law Award
- George Snow Scholarship Fund Community Service Award (with Lisa Mulhall)
- Florence Fuller Child Development Centers Men With Caring Hearts’ “Biggest Heart” Award
- YMCA of South Palm Beach County Policy Volunteer of the Year
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers
- YMCA of South Palm Beach County (Board of Trustees, Executive Officer, Past Chairman)
- Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors, Executive Officer, Past Chairman)
- The Children’s Place at Home Safe (Board of Directors, Executive Officer, Past Chairman)
- George Snow Scholarship Fund (Cowboy Ball Auctioneer, Boca Ballroom Battle Celebrity Dancer)
Contact John Mulhall at email@example.com